Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Cleaning

If you read my post , Aprils Fools, then you probably saw the part about my plan to clean up the canyon.  Well I followed through!  I got some friends interested in the idea, and we met this morning to make it happen.  We picked up trash for almost two and half hours, but there is still so much to collect.  We filled thirteen, thirty gallon trash bags, plus we found a flat screen tv, a microwave, four tires, and a sled.  Here are the pictures to tell the rest of the story.
Maren, myself, Amy, Tim, Jeff and Matt standing with our loot





Rolling the tires back to the truck

Jeff with the microwave

Tim with the flat screen

Matt, Jeff, Tim and myself surveying the pile



Who doesn't destroy the tv when they watch American Idol? 

As I mentioned, this is just a small amount of the garbage that is up there.  And I found that when I really began to look for every little piece, so much more stood out!  Honestly, with everything that is up there, I don't know if we'll ever get it under control.  The crap has been piling up for decades, and people still throw everything out, but removing a whole truck load today certainly made a dent in the problem.  I want to give props to Jeff and Tim Treft, Maren Nilsen, Amy Phillips and Matt Keeler.  They did an awesome job today and they're more than willing to help again.  We're going to start doing this once a month, I know they'll be helping, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment